This spell turns a dead body into a zombie or skeleton that serves for a few hours. It's not a permanent undead ally, but it serves ably for a little while. The type of undead created depends on the condition of the body: a relatively fresh body will become a zombie, while a body without much flesh left will become a skeleton. In both cases, the body must be fairly complete and intact.
Information[edit | edit source]
- Spell Level 1
- School: Necromancy (specialists only)
- Casting Time 10 minutes (1 turn)
- Target: One corpse or skeleton within 30 ft.
- Duration 1 hr + 10 minutes/level
- Special Components: A pinch of graveyard dirt
- Rarity: Rare
Use[edit | edit source]
This spell allows even a low-level necromancer to have an undead ally of their very own for at least a significant chunk of the day. The ally is useful (if short-lived) in combat, and makes a useful tool for exploration as well, carrying supplies and checking for traps. A caster may use the same body over and over again as long as it is relatively intact.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Wizard's Spell Compendium, Volume IV (1998)