|Rescued article requiring attention|
|This article was rescued from The Annex, a repository of pages deleted from Wikipedia for lack of notability. Please edit it to conform to this wiki's style guidelines before removing this notice.|
Test of the Warlords is described as a campaign adventure for the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game. The adventure takes place Norworld, which is located in the north east corner of the Known World on Mystara. This campaign contains elements of hack-and-slash adventure, political intrigue, and full-scale war.
Table of Contents[edit | edit source]
|Prologue: how to run this adventure||2|
|The setting: outlining Norworld and the Empires||4|
|Nonplayer Characters: Introducing Kings and Lords||9|
|Landgrab: Beginning the Adventure||12|
|Major Events: Bringing Dominions Together||14|
|Norworld Encounters: Expanding the Campaign||18|
|War of the Crowns: Running Campaign battles||28|
|Epilogue: Continuing the Campaign||30|
Credits[edit | edit source]
Distributed to the book trade in the United States by Random House, Inc., and in Canada by Random House of Canada, Ltd. Distributed to the toy and hobby trade by regional distributors. Distributed in the United Kingdom by TSR UK Ltd.
product number 9117
Back cover reads[edit | edit source]
The king requests your presence in the honorable kingdom of Norwold. If you're worthy, you may be appointed lord of a dominion filled with friendly villages, sturdy fortresses, and raging bands of monsters.
Raging bands of monsters?
Well, yes, and you may have to lead your forces into a war or two. But you'll be ready for the challenge. You'll be ready for treacherous spies who conspire to steal your land. You'll be ready for a foul band of frost giants that raids your dominions. And you'll be ready for the inevitable clash of empires, the outcome of which may alter the fate of millions. You'll be ready!
Test of the Warlords includes a complete campaign setting, several new NPCs, dungeon and wilderness encounters, and guidelines for running a war between empires.
Notable nonplayer characters[edit | edit source]
- King Ericall of Norworld: lawful 28th level fighter ()
- Lernal the Swill: neutral 6th level fighter
- King Yarrvik the Just: lawful 9th level fighter (Oceansend)
- Tarn Oakleaf: neutral 24th level druid
- Madiera the Counselor: lawful 21st level magic user
- Christina Marie Alanira: Neutral 25th level magic-user
- Alak Dool: chaotic 19th level magic user
- Sir Ernest Day: lawful 16th level fighter
- Rutter Dag: neutral 15th level fighter
- Central Lane of Glantri: lawful 16th level cleric
- Max the First: chaotic 15th level fighter
- Alyssa Patrician: lawful 15th level fighter
- Longtooth: chaotic 20th level thief
- Mequisa, the Lawful:
- Bethidia, the Neutral:
- Chasandri, the Chaotic:
See also[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|