Shining South is a 192-page sourcebook for Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 released in October 2004.
- A Wondrous Land of Ancient Cultures and Fallen Empires
- Travelers to the distant lands beyond the Lake of Steam and the Firesteap Mountains return with incredible tales of the people and places they’ve encountered or avoided. From the magehounds of Halruaa and wemics of the Shaar to the halflings of Luiren and the Crinti of Dambrath, the denizens of the region are as varied as their homelands. Discover each of the many realms of the Shining South, along with the magic and monsters native to this diverse corner of the Forgotten Realms game setting.
- Shining South includes all this plus:
Development and release
Shining South is was released in October 2004 for a retail price of $29.95 US, or $44.95 Canadian.
Reception and influence
Influence on other works
- Shining South Web Enhancement: Wemic Camp
- Adventuring in Faerûn's Shining Lands: 10 Reasons Why Your Character Wants You to Get Shining South
- Magic and Mayhem in the Shining Lands: 10 Reasons Why DMs Should Get Shining South
- Shining South Excerpts
- Shining South Art Gallery
- Halruaan Magehound from Shining South
- Shining South (3e) on DriveThruRPG
- Shining South (3e) on Dungeon Masters Guild
- Shining South (3e), Wizards.com product page.