Savage Species is a 224-page sourcebook for Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 released in February 2003.
- A New Breed of Adventurer
- Whether wondrous or wicked, some monsters have a calling that reaches beyond the ordinary existence of their kind. Traveling alongside other intrepid characters, these heroic creatures carve their places in legend with sword, spell, tooth, and claw.
- This supplement for the D&D game provides everything you need to play a monster as a character or to make the monsters your heroes fight even more formidable. Inside are over 50 all-new monster classes that show how creatures develop their characteristics and abilities as they gain levels. Along with new prestige classes and monster templates, Savage Species also features new feats, spells, magic items, and more.
- To use this supplement, a Dungeon Master also needs the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, and the Monster Manual. A player needs only the Player's Handbook and the Monster Manual.
Development and release
Savage Species is was released in February 2003 for a retail price of $29.95 US, or $41.95 Canadian.
Reception and influence
Influence on other works
- Savage Species, Wizards.com product page.