Races of the Dragon is a 160-page sourcebook for Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 released in January 2006.
- A new D&D sourcebook detailing races descended from dragons.
- Races of the Dragon provides D&D players and Dungeon Masters with an in-depth look at races descended from or related to dragons. In addition to exploring the fan-favorite kobold race, Races of the Dragon introduces two new races, dragonborn and spellscales, and provides information on half-dragons. The dragonborn are a transitive race, an exciting new concept that allows players to transform from their initial race into a new one. This book also includes a wealth of cultural information and new prestige classes, feats, equipment, spells, and magic items.
- Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel works for Wizards of the Coast, Inc. as a game designer. Her previous design credits include the Races of Eberron TM, Monster Manual TM III, and Underdark TM roleplaying games. Jennifer Clarke Wilkes is an editor for Wizards of the Coast, Inc. She works primarily on the Dungeons & Dragons® Miniatures line but has edited various roleplaying game books. She co-authored Savage Species TM and Sandstorm TM.
- Kolja Raven Liquette is best known for authoring The Waking Lands web site. He has also published articles in Dragon ® Magazine. His previous publishing credits include Weapons of Legacy TM.
Development and release
Races of the Dragon is was released in January 2006 for a retail price of $29.95 US, or $42.95 Canadian.
Reception and influence
Influence on other works
- Map Gallery
- Art Gallery
- Races of the Dragon on DriveThruRPG
- Races of the Dragon on Dungeon Masters Guild
- Races of the Dragon, Wizards.com product page.