Races of Stone is a 192-page sourcebook for Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 released in August 2004.
- Heroes Carved from the Earth
- From underground caverns to rolling canyons to mountain crags, bold adventurers emerge from among the hardiest people -- folk who possess an affinity with the earth itself. Drawing strength and security from their surroundings, along with the skills needed to survive, the champions of these races of stone have etched their names in legend.
- This supplement for the D&D game provides detailed information on the psychology, society, culture, behavior, religion, folklore, and other aspects of the races of stone: dwarves, gnomes, and goliaths -- a new race presented here. In addition to new subraces and monster races playable as characters, Races of Stone also provides new prestige classes, feats, spells, magic items, equipment, monsters, and rules for magic rune circles.
Development and release
Races of Stone is was released in August 2004 for a retail price of $29.95 US, or $44.95 Canadian.
Reception and influence
Influence on other works
- Raiders of the High Citadel, a Races of Stone web enhancement
- Excerpts from Races of Stone
- Races of Stone Art Gallery
- Free Races of Stone Desktop wallpapers
- Goliath excerpt
- Cragtop Archer excerpt
- Races of Stone on DriveThruRPG
- Races of Stone on Dungeon Masters Guild
- Races of Stone, Wizards.com product page.