Martial Power is a 160-page sourcebook for Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition released in November 2008.
- New options for fighters, rangers, rogues, and warlords.
- Martial Power is the first of a line of player-friendly supplements offering hundreds of new options for D&D characters. This tome focuses on the martial heroes: characters that rely on their combat talents and keen wits for survival.
- This book provides new archetypal builds for the fighter, ranger, rogue, and warlord classes, including new character powers, feats, paragon paths, and epic destinies.
- ROB HEINSOO is the Lead System Designer (or “team captain,” as he prefers to think of it) for the D&D Roleplaying Game and the Lead Designer of the 4th Edition rules. His other game designs include Three-Dragon Ante and Inn-Fighting: The D&D Tavern Brawl Dice Game.
- NICOLAS LOGUE is a freelance writer whose recent credits include Eyes of the Lich Queen, Monster Manual V, and Dragons of Eberron. In real life, Nicolas is an actor, playwright, and fight director.
- DAVID NOONAN is a game designer for Wizards of the Coast, Inc. His previous design credits include Complete Warrior and Player’s Handbook II.
- CHRIS SIMS works as a game designer for Wizards of the Coast, Inc. His recent credits include the 4th Edition Monster Manual and Dungeon Master’s Guide.
Development and release
Martial Power is was released in November 2008 for a retail price of $29.95 US, or $34.00 Canadian.
Reception and influence
Influence on other works
- Martial Power, Wizards.com product page.
|Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition|
|Player's Handbook • Player's Handbook 2 • Player's Handbook 3|
Monster Manual • Monster Manual 2 • Monster Manual 3
Dungeon Master's Guide • Dungeon Master's Guide 2
|Adventurer's Vault • Adventurer's Vault 2 • Arcane Power • The Book of Vile Darkness • Dark Sun Campaign Setting • Dark Sun Creature Catalog • Demonomicon • Divine Power • Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons • Draconomicon: Metallic Dragons • Dragon Magazine Annual • Eberron Campaign Guide • Eberron Player's Guide • Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide • Forgotten Realms Player's Guide • Hammerfast • Into the Unknown: The Dungeon Survival Handbook • Manual of the Planes • Martial Power • Martial Power 2 • Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue • Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium • Neverwinter Campaign Setting • Open Grave: Secrets of the Undead • The Plane Above: Secrets of the Astral Sea • The Plane Below: Secrets of the Elemental Chaos • Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn • Player's Handbook Races: Tieflings • Player's Strategy Guide • Primal Power • Psionic Power • Underdark • Vor Rukoth|
|Keep on the Shadowfell • Thunderspire Labyrinth • Pyramid of Shadows • Death's Reach • Kingdom of the Ghouls • Prince of Undeath • King of the Trollhaunt Warrens • Demon Queen's Enclave • Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress • The Slaying Stone • Orcs of Stonefang Pass • Dungeon Delve • Dungeon Magazine Annual • Halls of Undermountain • Marauders of the Dune Sea • Revenge of the Giants • Scepter Tower of Spellgard • Seekers of the Ashen Crown • Tomb of Horrors|
|Starter Set • Rules Compendium • Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms • Heroes of the Fallen Lands • Monster Vault • Dungeon Master's Kit • Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale • Player's Option: Heroes of Shadow • Player's Option: Heroes of the Elemental Chaos • Player's Option: Heroes of the Feywild • The Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond • Madness at Gardmore Abbey|