|Rescued article requiring attention|
|This article was rescued from Deletionpedia, a repository of pages deleted from Wikipedia for lack of notability. Please edit it to conform to this wiki's style guidelines before removing this notice.|
Geography[edit | edit source]
People[edit | edit source]
Population[edit | edit source]
As of 591 CY, the population of the Duchy of Urnst totaled 751,850 persons, the vast majority (almost 80%) being humans of mainly Suel descent. Elves, gnomes, halflings, dwarves, half-elves, and half-orcs make up the remainder of the population.
Religion[edit | edit source]
Languages[edit | edit source]
The most widely spoken languages in the Duchy of Urnst include Common, Halfling, and Elven.
Government[edit | edit source]
The Duchy of Urnst is an independent feudal monarchy (theoretically owing fealty to the old Great Kingdom) with hereditary rulership currently held by His Most Lordly Grace Karll Lorinar, the Duke of Urnst, Warden of the Abbor-Alz. The Honorable Chamber is a contingent of noble and high-born Suel that serves as the Duke's advisors.
The national capital is Leukish.
Heraldry[edit | edit source]
The Duchy of Urnst's coat of arms is blazoned thus: Vert, a brown bear rampant proper.
Economy[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
The Duchy of Urnst is noted for producing a variety of foodstuffs, and mining operations produce silver, electrum, gold, platinum, and gemstones of all qualities.
Currency[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Brown, Anne. Player's Guide. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 1998.
- Gygax, Gary. The World of Greyhawk (TSR, 1980).
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Wizards of the Coast, 2000).
- Moore, Roger E. Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 1998.
- Sargent, Carl. From the Ashes. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1992.