Draconomicon: The Book of Dragons is a 288-page sourcebook for Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 released in November 2003.
- The Book of Dragons
- This title takes a comprehensive look at the dragons of the D&D world from a variety of perspectives. It includes information on playing dragons and dragon-like creatures, how to run a dragon in a fight, and how to both fight dragons and work with them as allies.
- There are statistics on dragons of every type and at every age category, in addition to examples of lairs, hoards, and dragon minions. There are new rules, feats, spells, prestige classes, magic items, and other materials associated specifically with interaction with dragons including illustrated lairs and rules for creating treasure hoards. The book itself is designed in a prestige format, with heavy use of art throughout and constructed of premium materials.
- To use this supplement, a Dungeon Master also needs the Player’s Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual. A player needs only the Player's Handbook.
Development and release
Draconomicon is was released in November 2003 for a retail price of $39.95 US, or $58.95 Canadian.
Reception and influence
Influence on other works
- Draconomicon Excerpt
- Draconomicon Team Interview
- Draconomicon Web Enhancement: Sventsorggviresh's Volcano Lair
- Draconomicon Desktops
- Draconomicon Art Gallery
- November 2003 Previews: See what's "In the Works" for November and beyond
- October 2003 Previews: See what's "In the Works" for October and beyond
- Draconomicon (3e) on DriveThruRPG
- Draconomicon (3e) on Dungeon Masters Guild
- Draconomicon (3e), Wizards.com product page.