Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons is a 288-page sourcebook for Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition released in November 2008.
- Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons describes several varieties of dragons, including red, blue, green, black, and white dragons, as well as three new chromatic dragons.
- This sourcebook gives details of each dragon’s powers, tactics, myths, lairs, servitors, and more. In addition, this book provides new information about draconic nations and organizations and how chromatic dragons fit into the D&D game. Wide-ranging story and campaign elements in the book give DMs ready-to-play material that is easily incorporated into a game, including adventure hooks, quests, and pregenerated treasure hoards.
- BRUCE R. CORDELL is an Origins award-winning game designer for Wizards of the Coast, Inc., and co-wrote the new Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. His long list of professional credits includes the Expanded Psionics Handbook and Libris Mortis.
- ARI MARMELL has contributed to many D&D books, including Forge of War, Complete Mage, Tome of Magic, and Fortress of the Yuan-Ti.
- ROBERT J. SCHWALB works as a freelance designer for Wizards of the Coast; his recent credits include Elder Evils, Fiendish Codex II, and Exemplars of Evil.
Development and release
Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons is was released in November 2008 for a retail price of $39.95 US, or $45.00 Canadian.
Reception and influence
Influence on other works
- Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons on DriveThruRPG
- Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons on Dungeon Masters Guild
- Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons, Wizards.com product page.
|Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition|
|Player's Handbook • Player's Handbook 2 • Player's Handbook 3|
Monster Manual • Monster Manual 2 • Monster Manual 3
Dungeon Master's Guide • Dungeon Master's Guide 2
|Adventurer's Vault • Adventurer's Vault 2 • Arcane Power • The Book of Vile Darkness • Dark Sun Campaign Setting • Dark Sun Creature Catalog • Demonomicon • Divine Power • Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons • Draconomicon: Metallic Dragons • Dragon Magazine Annual • Eberron Campaign Guide • Eberron Player's Guide • Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide • Forgotten Realms Player's Guide • Hammerfast • Into the Unknown: The Dungeon Survival Handbook • Manual of the Planes • Martial Power • Martial Power 2 • Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue • Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium • Neverwinter Campaign Setting • Open Grave: Secrets of the Undead • The Plane Above: Secrets of the Astral Sea • The Plane Below: Secrets of the Elemental Chaos • Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn • Player's Handbook Races: Tieflings • Player's Strategy Guide • Primal Power • Psionic Power • Underdark • Vor Rukoth|
|Keep on the Shadowfell • Thunderspire Labyrinth • Pyramid of Shadows • Death's Reach • Kingdom of the Ghouls • Prince of Undeath • King of the Trollhaunt Warrens • Demon Queen's Enclave • Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress • The Slaying Stone • Orcs of Stonefang Pass • Dungeon Delve • Dungeon Magazine Annual • Halls of Undermountain • Marauders of the Dune Sea • Revenge of the Giants • Scepter Tower of Spellgard • Seekers of the Ashen Crown • Tomb of Horrors|
|Starter Set • Rules Compendium • Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms • Heroes of the Fallen Lands • Monster Vault • Dungeon Master's Kit • Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale • Player's Option: Heroes of Shadow • Player's Option: Heroes of the Elemental Chaos • Player's Option: Heroes of the Feywild • The Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond • Madness at Gardmore Abbey|