|Rescued article requiring attention|
|This article was rescued from Deletionpedia, a repository of pages deleted from Wikipedia for lack of notability. Please edit it to conform to this wiki's style guidelines before removing this notice.|
Clue Dungeons & Dragons is a board game made in 2001. It was produced by Hasbro shortly after their purchase of Wizards of the Coast, owners of the Dungeons & Dragons license. The game contains artwork in the Dungeons & Dragons style. The character positions of the cover are in the style of the 1996 version.
Development[edit | edit source]
Bill Slavicsek created the rules, scenario, and a sketch of the game board.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Six heroes visit the Archmage of Korinon in his castle. A doppelganger has taken the form of one of the suspects and killed the Archmage. This triggers a spell, which seals his castle with the suspects and assorted monsters inside until the doppelganger is revealed, along with the location of the murder and the weapons.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The game can be played in the classic Clue fashion, or the monster cards can be introduced for added fun. A battle with a monster can result in such benefits as an extra turn or a peek at an opponent's card. If the player loses the battle, however, he will be taken to the maze at the center of the board until he wins freedom by rolling a specific number.
Suspects[edit | edit source]
All the characters are iconic figures from the player's handbook. 
- Mialee the Elf Wizard (Scarlet)
- Tordek the Dwarf Fighter (Mustard)
- Ember the Human Monk (White)
- Regdar the Human Fighter (Green)
- Lidda the Halfling Rogue (Peacock)
- Nebin the Gnome Wizard (Plum)
Rooms[edit | edit source]
- Grand Hall
- Chamber of Tricks & Traps
- Wizard's Tower
- Dragon's Lair
- Treasure Chamber
- Lost Crypt
- Magical Armory
- Library of Arcane Tomes
The Weapons[edit | edit source]
The six weapons of the game are:
- The Vorpal Sword
- Mace of Disruption
- Ring of Magic Missiles
- Staff of Power
- Flaming Battle Axe
- Dagger of Venom
The Monsters[edit | edit source]
Each monster in the game gives you an item when you defeat it. If you fail to defeat the monster, you are trapped in the center maze until you roll a five or a six.
- Beholder - Amulet of Seeing
- Bugbear - Boots of Striding & Springing
- Displacer beast - Crystal Ball
- Goblin - Potion of Speed
- Gelatinous cube - Broom of Flying
- Skeleton - Potion of Speed
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The character card of Nebin had to be recreated to face forward - on the cover, it is the side profile.
- Nebin's figure is holding a copy of the player's handbook.