|Rescued article requiring attention|
|This article was rescued from The Annex, a repository of pages deleted from Wikipedia for lack of notability. Please edit it to conform to this wiki's style guidelines before removing this notice.|
Abeir-Toril is the name of the fictional planet on which the Forgotten Realms is set. The name is archaic, meaning "cradle of life." It consists of various continents and islands, including Faerûn, Kara-Tur, Zakhara, Maztica, Osse, Anchorome and Katashaka, a sub-Saharan-like continent south of Maztica, where humanity appeared.
Toril was the name of Jeff Grubb's campaign world, and it was adopted as the name of the planet with the continent Faerûn when he and Ed Greenwood were designing the original Forgotten Realms Boxed Set in 1987. Abeir- was added as a prefix so that the world's name was placed at the beginning of an alphabetical encyclopedia.
- Toril page on official Spelljammer website
- A Scholar’s view of Toril Map of the planet, with all the unknown continents
- Article at the Spanish Wikipedia
- Article at the French Wikipedia
- Article at the Italian Wikipedia
- Article at the Polish Wikipedia
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|